Trade Sales Manager
Salary - Dependant on Experience
Location - Jersey
Overview of role
- You will own and manage a number of corporate customer accounts within a set geographic area(s). You will identify opportunities to add value, provide support, and manage their requests and expectations (all in agreed SLAs). Establishing and maintaining productive business relationships with your own accounts is essential.
- Working closely with and to develop, implement and refine a program of effective management information for your dedicated Regional Sales Managers and telephone managed accounts.
- Through excellent account management you will be able to maintain and increase business units for existing and new accounts. This will help maximise commercial value to Lightwell and its members and show your accounts how they are receiving great ROI.
- As well as managing existing accounts, you will also be targeted to open new accounts and set up appointments for the Regional Sales Managers through a suite of marketing activities to generate leads.
- Provide support to both the Trade Sales Manager and the Operations Manager on all matters relating to the lifetime of each key account including the identification and development of new intermediary, partners and corporate accounts.
- Proactively communicate with Operations Manager about the regional performance and any issues on a daily basis.
- To work closely with the Email Marketing Manager with on-boarding new accounts to ensure an excellent joining experience.
- Ensure clear and relevant reporting, monitoring usage, financial transaction and analysing of key information is understood to help with persistency and growth on accounts. Upkeep of relevant internal systems, Salesforce (CRM) and other sales and marketing support tools.
- Understand competitor activity and external environment to ascertain how to change and adapt to ensure Lightwell products are always at the forefront for consideration.
- Put forward ideas and recommendations for options to improve/or protect our position in the market place.
- Conduct outgoing sales calls to strengthen relationships with intermediary firms to promote and ensure Lightwell products are given a strong consideration as part of the intermediated sales process.
- Working closely with Sales Support and Finance to ensure correct credit control process adhered to including calls to accounts as and when required.
Where does role fit in the organisation?
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer.
- Daily contact with internal staff across all departments, specifically Business Development, Marketing, Sales Support and Member Services.
- A key member of the Business Development Team.
Boundaries of role
- Work to agreed targets and take on account management duties for RSMs in their absence.
- You’ll be based in Jersey, but occasional visits to business accounts or intermediaries’ office and attendance at conferences/events may be required.
- Attendance to include the Lightwell office in London, and partner sites.
- Educated to Good GCSE grades (inc English and Maths).
- Track record in telephone appointment making.
- Proven ability of telephone B2B account management.
- Use a CRM system to track sales funnel and keep all records up to date etc.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent telephone manner with strong communication, negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Previous sales experience working in outbound sales environment essential.
- Commercially aware.
- Experience in Account Management and building lasting relationships.
- Be detailed oriented and able to prioritise your own workload.
- Adaptable and self-motivated with high energy.
- Ability to gain in-depth product knowledge/ Industry knowledge – can demonstrate sufficient awareness and understanding of industry trends and developments. Is able to interpret the impact of competitor and regulatory actions on our business.
- Personally accountable for remaining up to date with financial/health environment via trade press, online and media.
- Demonstrate a real commitment to teamwork and appreciation of how excellent customer service is delivered.
- Deliver sales success through superior account management at all times, targeting agreed focus of accounts or identified areas to deliver commercial value. Work with each key account to ensure all activities are maximised and within agreed budgets and timelines. Work with the wider business teams to understand impact and how to leverage to our best advantage.
- Confident, outgoing, determined and resilient.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Highly organised and able to manage own time effectively.
- Dynamic ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong Team Ethic.
Closing Date: 28th August 2017
Contact: David Harper